Closes: Until Filled
About the Position
We are seeking a diligent and detail-oriented Site Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for various essential tasks, including ensuring strict compliance with licensing requirements, monitoring employee reports, and overseeing the renewal of security guard licenses. Additionally, you’ll manage comprehensive employee evaluations, maintain accurate scheduling, and provide vital field leadership training for supervisors, managers, and lead hands.
Your role also includes conducting thorough background checks for hiring decisions, onboarding individuals who pass criminal record checks and drug/alcohol tests, and participating in meetings and training sessions as requested by the organization. In addition, you will utilize a diverse range of recruitment sources to find suitable candidates, and conduct phone screenings and in-person interviews to assess their qualifications. Join our team and contribute to maintaining the highest security and safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Knowledge of various security systems, such as access control systems, video surveillance systems, intrusion detection systems, and alarm systems
- Understanding risk analysis methodologies, evaluating physical and digital security risks, and developing risk management strategies.
- Creating emergency procedures, coordinating response efforts during crises, and effectively managing security incidents
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed reports, incident documentation, and security-related documentation
- Ability to remain calm, mediate conflicts, and find mutually acceptable resolutions.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances, think quickly on feet, and make appropriate decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality, handle sensitive information responsibly, and adhere to professional codes of conduct.
- Collaborate, share information, and work effectively as a team member.
The Site Manager is responsible for the work of Leadhands, Line Supervisors, and Site Supervisors which includes:
- Performance management – setting performance goals, monitoring their progress, providing regular feedback, performing annual performance evaluations, giving recognition, and addressing issues when needed.
- Workload Management – assigning tasks and responsibilities, monitoring their workload, and ensuring they are able to meet their deadlines efficiently.
- Coaching – providing guidance and support when needed including coaching and training to develop their skills.
- Remote camp setting. Occasional work in cold weather may occur.
Hours of Work
- One week on and one week off. 12 hour shifts.
- The workload is moderate and will require the ability to prioritize tasks and use time management skills.
- Expect to experience moderate to occasional high levels of stress on a regular basis, as the Site Manager is responsible for managing complex and challenging issues related to security.
- Completion of Grade Twelve, secondary school.
- Must have class 5 driver’s license.
- Completion of 40 hour security guard course.
- 5 years of security experience is a must.
- 5 years of management experience is a must.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Saskatchewan Security Guard License.
- General Mine Safety Awareness certification.
- Emergency Medical Response training.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Criminal record check.
- Drug and alcohol test.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- How many years of Management do you have?
- How many years of Security work do you have?
- Do you live in Saskatoon or Jansen, SK?
- How many years of experience do you have using Microsoft Office (including Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word)?
- What would make you the best candidate for this position?
Work Location: In person