Closes: Until Filled
Industrial Security Officer – BHP Jansen Mine Site
About Athabasca Basin Security
Since 2002, Athabasca Basin Security has provided the Canadian mining industry’s top companies with a full range of industrial security services in some of the country’s most remote areas. As an Indigenous owned, award-winning security company, we’re proud to create economic development for our shareholders and employment opportunities for people in Saskatchewan’s Athabasca Basin region and beyond.
About the Position
The purpose of the Industrial Security Guard is to provide safety, security, and protection of personnel, property, and assets at the BHP Jansen mine site. The objective is to maintain a secure environment that minimizes the risk of theft, vandalism, unauthorized access, and other potential security breaches.
- Maintain a constant presence on site by monitoring surveillance systems and conducting mobile or foot patrols on a routine, scheduled basis.
- Regularly attend toolbox meetings in which the Site Supervisor will provide a shift rundown of information about site incidents, client incidents, and safety updates.
- Monitor CCTV cameras in the surveillance room regularly, reporting any suspicious activity report by gate house employees, other ISOs, or by observation.
- Conduct radio checks with all guards, documenting their location every two hours in the radio check log.
- Monitor the fire panel in the backroom, respond to any alarms and notify the appropriate contacts, coordinate any needed on-site fire responses, and maintain the alarm testing log.
- Manage emergency phone line, assessing the level of emergency, maintain detailed incident reports, and coordinating the appropriate emergency response teams when needed.
- Operate journey management phone, monitoring shuttle bus activity and collecting information on passenger counts, names, bus numbers, and notifying bus driver supervisors when communication issues arise.
- Conduct interior patrols of the lodge, walk throughs of all hallways on upper and lower floors, checking for unusual activities and safety issues, inspect mechanical rooms, documenting any hazards and reporting them to supervisor.
- Participate in mock drills by assuming different roles to ensure preparedness and compliance with safety protocols.
Reports to Site Manager.
- Previous experience in security or related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with CCTV systems and their operation is a plus.
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations.
- Intermediate computer skills for record keeping and communication purposes.
- Security Guard License is an asset.
- Class 5 Driver’s License is a must.
- First Aid, CPR is an asset.
- Of good character, required to submit a Criminal Record Check.
- Pass drug and alcohol test which includes testing for cannabis.
- 7 days on, 7 days off.
- 12 hour shifts.
- Camp work – accommodations and meals provided.
- Up to 20kms of walking per shift.
- Occasional work in cold weather.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Do you have a valid class 5 driver’s license?
- Can you pass a drug and alcohol test which includes testing for cannabis?
- Do you live near Jansen, SK?
- Have you completed the 40 hour Security Guard course?